The Old Cemetery is a traditional Victorian style cemetery with some new traditional grave spaces available.
Specific areas are designated for certain religions. The areas for different beliefs are Muslim, Jewish, Quaker, Church of England and Non-Conformist.
In 1854, the Ipswich Burial Board agreed to purchase an undulating plot and in August of 1855 they paid a Mr Davidson 'for his design for laying out the cemetery'. An extension was made to the east and to the north, at which time the area to the south became known as 'Old Cemetery'. Much of the planting was carried out well in advance of New Cemetery opening in 1921. In 1928 a new chapel and crematorium were added here.
Interested in filming at Ipswich Cemetery?
Contact us by phone 014733 365522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.